Since its establishment, the Link identifier #identifier__49028-4Department of Economics hosted different Ph.D. Programs. The current Ph.D. program in Economics started in 2014 (XXX Cycle). Our Ph.D. offers the opportunity to research many areas of Economics by relying on a large number of faculty members who are very active in different fields and follow a plurality of theoretical approaches with a strong emphasis on empirical analysis.
We have a long and consolidated tradition of post-graduate teaching and research in Economics and our Program also rests upon long-standing research and teaching cooperation with other prestigious Italian and foreign universities (Link identifier #identifier__129268-5University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Link identifier #identifier__68316-6London School of Economics and Political Science).
Furthermore, renowned international professors from top institutions and professional economists working in international organizations are invited for Link identifier #identifier__156562-7lectures and seminars, allowing students to meet outstanding scholars and start creating connections. The Department of Economics has strong links with many Italian and international research centers (Link identifier #identifier__44482-8Centro Rossi-Doria, Link identifier #identifier__49121-9Centro Sraffa, Link identifier #identifier__156981-10Institute for New Economic Thinking) and organizations (Link identifier #identifier__104109-11Food and Agriculture Organization, Link identifier #identifier__163644-12International Fund for Agricultural Development), and we encourage our students to spend part of their time at top-quality foreign universities and international institutions to further strengthen their education.
In the following years, Ph.D. students will have access to the Link identifier #identifier__139082-13CatChain mobility program funded by the European Commission’s Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions. The Program will be able to fund fellowships in several countries, such as Brazil, Costa Rica, India, Malaysia, South Africa, and South Korea.
• Full scholarship (36 months) and research funds for admitted students
• Close interaction with universities and research centers located in Rome
• Links to top international universities and research networks
• Participation in national and international research
We welcome applicants seeking to conduct postgraduate research in any of the research areas in which the faculty members of the Ph.D. are currently active. An indicative list includes the following ones:
- Industrial, regional and agricultural Policies: innovation, technology transfer, productivity, growth, and convergence
- Public finance, fiscal policy, and Inequality
- Labour, welfare, and macroeconomic policies
- Finance and banking
- Alternative theories of prices and output determination and the reappraisal of the surplus approach
- Macroeconomic models for business cycle and modern economic growth
- Development, food security, sustainability
- Global markets: firms, sectors, and policies
- Quantitative and computational methods in economics and finance
Call for application: XXXVIII Cycle
The call for applications for admission to the XXXVIII cycle of the PhD programme has been published.
The procedure and other information are available on the university website (Link identifier #identifier__36702-14here) and in the Link identifier #identifier__164403-15Admission section.
The application deadline is 2 p.m. on Wednesday, August 24, 2022.
For information on the call for applications and selection procedures, please contact the secretary of the Ph.D. in Economics:
dott.ssa Barbara Cafini
e-mail: Link identifier #email@example.com
tel.: +39 06 57335654